Singapore is the delicious small island country of southern Malaysia located in the Southeast Asian region as mentioned on singapore blog. It has been under British colonial rule. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The population size over 5.5 million here, although the place is crowded more than 50% of its area is covered by greenery, it has around 50 major parks and 4 nature reserves which make it look lush green.
Sightseeing in Singapore
Singapore has a wide range of point of interest everyone should check out while their visit. Some of the most amazing points are:
- Sentosa– It is an island resort in Singapore. Few attractions here includes sheltered beach, golf courses, a theme park named Universal Studio Singapore, etc.
- Night Safari-It is a night park and is world’s first safari park for the nocturnal animal. It has also been winner of best attraction category 12 times.
- Underwater world-It is an oceanarium located in the offshore of Singapore’s Sentosa. It has more than 2500 marine animals of different species. Some adventures it offers are marine discovery, dive with the shark, swim with the dolphins.
Apart from the above three, there are tons of points of interest in Singapore.
Food in Singapore
Food is the main seduction for every person who goes on traveling. Singapore’s cuisine is diverse in tastes. It is influenced by other country’s cuisine like Chinese, Indonesian, Indian, Shri Lankan, etc. Seafood is the most dominating food in Singapore and it is cooked and served in their traditional way. Singapore’s cuisine is defined as a crucial element to country’s identity and its culture. Food is a frequent topic of conversation among Singaporeans. Singapore’s food is divided into different grouped into five types: seafood, meat, rice,noodles, and snacks. Chili crab and black pepper crab are the two must have dishes if you are in Singapore. It is not necessary to eat at expensive restaurants and hotels instead try having street food at hawkers, they are widespread and are inexpensive and the taste is just wonderful. Some of the best local food in Singapore are:
- BakKutTeh(Pork rib soup)- It is the oldest food in the history of Singaporean cuisine. It consists of meaty pork ribs served with broth of herbs and spices.It is usually served with rice or noodles.
- Wanton Mee– This dish has been inspired from Hong-Kong cuisine but has become a part of Singapore’s cuisine over the years. Wanton Mee is basically soupy noodles served with dumpling in it. It also contains chicken, prawns, spring onions with some chefs adding mushroom to it.
- Dim Sum– It is another dish inspired from Hong-Kong cuisine. A traditional dim sum dish has a steamed bun filled with barbecue pork, dumplings, and rice rolls. They are served in special steamed plates.
- Crabs(Chili or pepper)- These are the two must try food in Singapore. The crab is served with sweet, spicy tomatoes chili sauce or with black pepper sauce. They are eaten with fried buns which are dipped in chili sauce.
Food Blog in Singapore
Food blogs are really requisite these days. People prefer to read about the place where they want to eat from the blog, after reading they take their decision whether to visit there of not. It is more important to go through the food blogs if you are visiting another country. They give the whole detail about their native cuisine, their ingredients and where you can have it best. Some of the best Singaporean cuisine blogs are leatandeat.com, Theratingpanda.com, Six-and-seven.com, etc.